Arts and crafts build creativity and help improve math, reading, and critical thinking skills and build concentration, confidence and problem solving. Our Makerspaces combine arts and crafts like die cutting (the process of using a machine to make cut out shapes on a range of materials) and technology and digital design.
Design and cut stickers, stationary, greeting cards, stencils and more using cardstock, vinyl, leather, fabric. MPL offers different tools for different projects:
- Cricut Explore Air2 using Cricut Design Space software
- Graphtec CE6000-60 Plus (large-scale vinyl cutter)
- Red Clam Press Heat Press to apply designs made on the Graphtec
Using the Equipment
- Customers 13+ may reserve the equipment with the library card.
- Get Certified! Complete a brief orientation in the branch to use the equipment safely.
- Book the Cricut ro Graphtec online at econnect.markham.ca
- Bring your own materials or buy supplies at the branch.
Vinyl Sticker Sheet (12x12): $3+HST
Cardstock (8.5x11): $2/4 sheets+HST
Felt Sheets (8.5x11): $4+HST
The cost to use the sewing machine or digital embroiderer is $3/hr +HST.
We're Here to Help!
Our Digital Literacy Specialist can guide you through using the machines for the first time. Book an appointment with one of our Digital Literacy Specialists by contacting the branch.