Whether you want to scan your great-grandparent's slides, make your own coasters with the laser engraver, 3D Print a t-rex or record your first album, there are many ways Markham Public Library can help you get started on your maker projects.
Discover new technologies, participate in maker activities and learn coding and other digital skills. The makerspace is a collaborative do-it-yourself environment where you can explore 3D modeling and printing, laser cutting, try virtual reality & be creative with hands-on learning. Our staff will help you become certified to use the equipment. There is a small material charge for some of the equipment.
Complete the in-branch Makerspace Orientation & Certification, reserve equipment and you are ready to make.
Customers need to complete the in-branch Makerspace Orientation & Certification
- This step is required at each branch they wish to use.
- It only takes 5-15 minutes to complete
- No registration required, customers can request the orientation at our branches any time.
- At the end of the orientation, customers will review and agree to the Makerspace User Agreement
- Then their Library Card is updated as "Maker-certified".
Note: Customers under 13 yo need to be be accompanied by an adult or guardian to use Maker equipment.
Book a Digital Specialist
Feeling overwhelmed on where to start your 3D printing journey? Not worry! Book a virtual appointment with our specialists to help guide you through the 3D printing process. Book our specialists by email.
Learn at Our Workshops
Dec 1st | 7:00pm - 8:15pmOnline Event
Dec 7th | 7:00pm - 8:00pmOnline Event
Dec 8th | 4:00pm - 5:30pmOnline Event