CURBSIDE SERVICE AVAILABLE ONLY AS OF DEC.29
All MPL branches are closed due to the latest provincial requirements. At this point, we continue to offer curbside services at 3 locations - Markham Village, Thornhill Village and Unionville Libraries. The way curbside pickup work is a little different than before but is still completely contactless to keep you safe. Please read the detailed instructions below before coming to pick up your holds.
If you had holds available at Aaniin Library they have now been transferred to Markham Village Library, holds at Angus Glen Library have now been transferred to Unionville Library and your Thornhill Community Centre Library holds have been transferred to Thornhill Village Library.
Our digital library continues to be open 24/7 along with a wide variety of virtual programs for all ages.
Curbside Locations & Hours
Markham Village Library
Thornhill Village Library
Monday to Friday | 10 AM to 6 PM
Saturday | 9 AM to 5 PM
Sunday | No curbside pickup, Virtual chat through AskMPL(10 AM to 5 PM)
LOST YOUR LIBRARY PIN?
- Once you arrive at the parking lot please call the Library at 905 513 7977 and follow the prompts to reach the library branch you're at.
- Provide your library card number.
- Staff will check out your item(s) and bring them to the library entrance and will then step away.
- You can then pick up your item(s) at the library entrance. Please note, the main entrance at Markham Village is closed due to construction, your holds will be ready for you at the administration entrance which is on the south side of the building.
- Items may be returned at Markham Village, Thornhill Village and Unionville libraries using the drop boxes which are open 24/7 for your convenience.
- Toys, Lendery items and Digital Media Lab Equipment can be returned at the three open branches as well. Please do not use the Drop Box when you are returning these items. Instead please call the branch you are at and a staff member will come outside to take your item in.
- All items will be quarantined before being checked in and returned to the shelf or made available for the next person. This means it may take up to a week before your item is cleared from your account. Rest assured, you will not be charged late fees during the quarantine period.
- Due dates for all items checked out before the closure in March 2020 have been extended to March 31, 2021.
ARE YOU FOLLOWING US ON SOCIAL?
MPL is taking a responsible and measured approach to the pandemic, which is guided by the province’s new COVID-19 response framework and the City of Markham’s Response, Recovery & Reinvention Plan. The health and safety of our visitors, community and staff remains our number one priority.
As we navigate the pandemic together, we continue to monitor and follow advice from public health officials at the federal, provincial and regional levels.
Thank you for your support, understanding and patience during this difficult time as we work together to ensure the well-being of everyone in our community, and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- How you can stop the 2nd wave of COVID-19
- Mandatory masks and face coverings
- COVID-19 Affected City Services
- What City facilities are open & closed
- Download Access Markham mobile app, featuring COVID-19 Virtual Assistant
- Download COVID Alert App
- Sign up for eAlerts (City news & emergency alerts)
LOOKING FOR VIRTUAL PROGRAMS?
- Digital Library access to eBook, audiobook, movies, online courses, and more.
- Weekly virtual programming and events.
- Live Chat and Book a Librarian to provide support and resources.
- Grab & Go Bags.
We are also offering a wide range of virtual programs everyday. From Storytime to Older Adult Social; Essential Oils Workshop to Digital Marketing Workshop, we have something for everyone. Check out our exciting lineup of virtual programs now and these City programs.
May 7th | 1:30pm - 2:15pmOnline Event
May 7th | 8:00pm - 9:00pmOnline Event
May 8th | 9:15am - 10:15amOnline Event
May 8th | 9:30am - 10:30amOnline Event
May 8th | 10:30am - 11:30amOnline Event