We are excited to welcome you back to MPL. At this time, we are offering select in-branch and curbside services at three of our branches. As we gradually reopen, we will be offering additional in-branch services and opening more branches. Look forward to seeing you at the library.
Markham Village Library
Thornhill Village Library (curbside pick up only)
Monday to Thursday | 9:30 AM to 9 PM
Friday | 9:30 AM to 6 PM
Saturday | 9 AM to 5 PM
Sunday | All locations closed. Our Virtual chat, AskMPL is available10 AM to 5 PM
AVAILABLE IN LIBRARY
You can pick up your holds from inside of the branch at Markham Village and Unionville Libraries. Due to space limitations, Thornhill Village Library will not be able to offer in-branch services. It will continue to offer curbside pickup.
You can return your library materials using the Drop Box at Markham Village, Unionville and Thornhill Village Libraries which are open 24/7. You may also return your items at the service desk inside of Markham Village and Unionville Libraries.
You can sign up for a library card in-person at Markham Village and Unionville Libraries. You can also sign up for an eCard without leaving your home. An eCard is a digital access card that gives you instant access to all of MPL’s digital collections.
Computers, printers and photocopier and scanners:
You can use the computer, printer and photocopier and scanner by appointment at Markham Village and Unionville Libraries.
- You can book one computer per branch, per day, online through PC Reservationor by calling 905.513.7977.
- You will need your library card to complete the booking. If you do not have your library card or need a new one, please contact us via the Live Chat or at 905.513.7977.
- To use our printers, scanner and photocopiers, you must book a computer and bring USB key for scanning.
- To maximize the number of customers we can serve, each appointment will be limited to 30 minutes long.
- Digital Library which has thousands of eBook, audiobook, movies, online courses, and more
- Weekly virtual programming and events for all ages
- Live Chat and Book a Librarian to provide support and resources
- Book Healing for reading recommendations
- Get an eCard for instant access to our digital collections
- Grab & Go Bags
Items may be returned at Markham Village, Thornhill Village and Unionville libraries using the drop boxes which are open 24/7 for your convenience.
Our staff will be available during our normal operating hours to answer your questions through AskMPL, our Live Chat. You can also reach us by phone at (905) 513-7977.
As we move into level 1 recovering the province no longer requires quarantine period for library items. The most recent research also indicates that the Coronavirus is airborne with no evidence of contagion through surfaces.
What You Need to Know before Visiting
We are thrilled to see you back in the library. Before you visit the library, please familiarize yourself with these protocols we have in place to keep everyone safe:
To help you maintain a physical distance of at least 2 metres from others, we've placed safety and directional signage at each library to help direct and guide you around the facility.
Please sanitize your hands when entering and exiting the library; as well as before and after using the computers.
Food and drinks, other than closed water bottles are currently not allowed in the branches.
Each branch is monitoring its occupancy capacity, so you may have to wait your turn to come inside.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
The health and safety of you and our staff is our top priority. That's why MPL has worked with health and safety experts from the City of Markham to put in place strict measures that ensure the facility is clean and safe for you to use. Here are some of the enhanced safety and cleaning protocols we are following:
- A professional cleaner to conduct thorough cleaning of each branch twice daily
- Staff are trained in the proper cleaning procedures
- Library equipment disinfected hourly
- Study rooms disinfected after each proctoring session
- Tables, chairs, staff workstations and counters disinfected after each use
- Door handles and automatic buttons disinfected regularly
- Entrances cleaned twice daily
LOOKING FOR VIRTUAL PROGRAMS?
Jul 24th | 7:30pm - 8:30pmOnline Event
Jul 26th | 10:00am - 10:30amOnline Event
Jul 26th | 10:00am - Jul 30th | 11:30amOnline Event
Jul 26th | 2:00pm - Jul 30th | 3:30pmOnline Event
Jul 26th | 6:00pm - 7:00pmOnline Event