SERVICES AVAILABLE NOW
We are expanding our services! Starting October 15, you can enjoy the following services at four MPL branches during select hours:
- Pick up your holds from inside of the branch
- Return your library items using the drop box (some exclusions apply)
- Access public computers (reservation required)
- Print, fax and copy (reservation required)
- Get a library card
- Get exam proctoring inside of the branch
All items returned will be quarantined for 72 hours before checked in, so it may take 5 - 7 days before the item is cleared from your account. Curbside pickup will no longer be available.
SERVICES NOT AVAILABLE YET
As public health guidelines evolve, we are providing limited library services.
- Browsing of the collection will not be available
- Toys and play options in the library are not available
- Studyrooms are currently suspended
- In-library programs are not available
- Minimize your time in the branch as much as possible to allow access to the next customer.
LOST YOUR LIBRARY PIN?
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOUR VISIT
The health and safety of our staff and customers is always our priority. The following procedures are in place to help keep everyone safe.
Complete the Visitor Information Form with each visit. For your convenience, the form can be completed at home before arriving. In the event of a positive case of COVID 19 at the library, this assists Public Health with contact tracing and alerts you that you have been exposed.
At this time provincial guidelines allow 50 people to be in the branch.
Maintain a physical distance of at least 2 metres from others. There will be floor signs to guide you.
Please sanitize your hands when entering and existing the library; as well as before and after using the computers.
NEED LEARNING RESOURCES FOR KIDS?
You no longer need to make an appointment to pick up your holds! All requested items are available in a self-service location for customers.
- Step 1: Find your hold(s). Holds are filed by the last 6 numbers of your library card number followed by the first 3 letters of your last name.
- Step 2: Check out your item(s) with the self-checkout unit.
- Step 3: Enjoy!
- The due dates for all items borrowed from before the closure have been extended to December 31 but if you no longer need the items, you can return them using the drop boxes at the four locations 24/7. This allows the next customer to have a chance to borrow them.
- All items returned will be quarantined 72 hours before checked into the system and placed on the shelf. This means it will take 5 - 7 days before your item is cleared from your account. You will not be charged any late fees.
- We are currently NOT accepting toys, digital media lab equipment, Lendery items and donations.
COMPUTER & PRINTER ACCESS
Printers and scanners may only be used by appointment
- You may make one computer booking per branch, per day, online through PC Reservation or by calling 905-513-7977. You will need your library card to complete the booking. If you do not have your library card or need a new one, you can contact us at AskMPL or at 905-513-7977.
- Each appointment will be 30 minutes long.
- To use our printers/scanner/photocopiers, you must book a computer.
ARE YOU FOLLOWING US ON SOCIAL?
We are happy to be offering proctoring service by appointment. To book an appointment, please submit the online Proctoring Request Form. Our staff will contact you to schedule the appointment and make all of the necessary arrangements with you and your school.
Payments can be made either in the branch or online at least one week in advance of the exam date. Online Payment Instructions [PDF]
- $15.64 per hour for Markham residents.
- $15.64 per hour plus additional $10 administration fee for non-residents.
- Additional fees apply if shipping is required.
Please note, you will need a City of Markham program barcode and PIN to proceed with booking. If you do not have a City of Markham barcode, please call the Contact Centre at 905-475-4731 for assistance.
Exams are written in-branch. Study rooms are sanitized before and after use.
LOOKING FOR VIRTUAL PROGRAMS?
MPL is working closely with the City of Markham to gradually reopen our branches in multiple phases.
- Digital Library access to eBook, audiobook, movies, online courses, and more.
- Weekly virtual programming and events.
- Live Chat and Book a Librarian to provide support and resources.
We are also offering a wide arrary of virtual programs everyday. From Storytime to Older Adult Social; Essential Oils Workshop to Digital Marketing Workshop, we have something for everyone. Check out our exciting lineup of virtual programs now.
Sep 22, 4:15pmOnline event
Sep 22, 5:00pmOnline event
Sep 22, 7:00pmOnline event
Sep 23, 10:00amOnline event
Sep 23, 10:30amOnline event