We are excited to welcome you back to our branches. As of September 22, we have 6 branches open and are offering additional in-person services. Please remember to wear your mask and maintain physical distancing, even if you have been fully vaccinated.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Angus Glen Library
Markham Village Library
Thornhill Community Centre Library
Thornhill Village Library
Aaniin, Angus Glen, Markham Village, Thornhill C.C., Unionville
Monday to Thursday | 9:30 AM to 9 PM
Friday | 9:30 AM to 6 PM
Saturday | 9 AM to 5 PM
Sunday | CLOSED. Live Chat is available 10 AM to 5 PM
Tuesday & Thursday: 12 to 8 PM
Wednesday & Saturday: 9 AM to 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM to 6 PM
AVAILABLE IN PERSON
Browse Physical Collections:
You can now enjoy browsing our stacks when you visit the library in person. Just remember to maintain physical distancing at all times.
Pick Up Holds:
Holds can be picked up from inside of the branch. For your convenience curbside pickup is still available upon request.
Returns Library Items:
You can return your library items using the Drop Box outside of the library or in-person at the Service Desk.
Sign Up for a Library Card:
You can sign up for a library card at any of the open branches or sign up for a digital access card online. Please note the digital access card only gives you access to our digital collections.
You can use the computer, printer, photocopier and scanner by appointment only.
- You can book one computer per branch, per day, online through PC Reservation or by calling 905.513.7977.
- You will need your library card to complete the booking. If you do not have your library card or need a new one, please contact us via the Live Chat or at 905.513.7977.
- To use the printer, scanner and photocopier, you must book a computer and bring your own USB key for scanning.
- To maximize the number of customers we can serve, each appointment will be limited to 1 hour long.
Book a Study Room:
Study rooms are now available.
- All study rooms must be reserved through staff via phone or via our Live Chat
- Capacity is limited to 1 individual per room or, where stated, up to 2 individuals from the same household.
- Each study rooms is available for 2 hours per individual or group, per day.
- Masks must be worn while in the study room.
- Food and drink are not permitted at this time due to COVID-19 safety considerations.
- 30 minutes is required after bookings to allow for branch cleaning protocols in between customers.
Get Proctoring Help (starting in mid-October)
We will be offer exam proctoring services starting in mid-October. To book our proctoring service please submit a request and our staff will follow up with you.
Use the Children’s Area
We know you love our Children’s Area. The Children’s Area at all 6 locations is open with limited seating.
Attend Outdoor In-Person Programs:
We have a number of outdoor in-person programs happening. You can explore these programs and register for them online.
Pick Up 3D Print Projects:
You can upload your 3D design files online and we'll print them for you. All you have to do is pick it up from the library. Head over to the Curbside 3D Printing page for more info.
- You can enjoy the digital library which offers thousands of eBook, eAudiobook, movies, online courses, and more.
- Take part in our weekly virtual programs and events.
- Get account related help or help looking for library resources from our Live Chat
Get book recommendations using our Book Healing service
Items may be returned in-person or using the Drop Box at Markham Village and Unionville Libraries; or using the Drop Box at Thornhill Village Library.
Our staff will be available during our normal operating hours to answer your questions through AskMPL, our Live Chat. You can also reach us by phone at (905) 513-7977.
Our branches have high grade filter system that exceeds the average standard. Some of our buildings are also LEED certified which means they have exceptional filter systems. We are regularly maintaining and replacing our air filters to ensure the buildings have great air quality that is safe for both staff and customers.
What You Need to Know before Visiting
We are thrilled to see you back in the library. Before you visit the library, please familiarize yourself with these protocols we have in place to keep everyone safe:
Wear a mask or face covering while inside of the library or waiting in line outside.
Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres or more from others.
Sanitize your hands when entering and exiting the library as well as before and after using the computers.
Food and drinks are currently not allowed in the branches including the study rooms.
Each branch is monitoring its occupancy capacity, so you may have to wait your turn to come inside.
MPL does not require a proof of vaccination to access the library. However, the City of Markham requires a proof of vaccination to enter all community centres. This means when you access our branches that are inside of the community centres, you will be asked by the community centre staff at the entrance to show a proof of vaccination. You will not be asked for a proof at any of our stand-alone branches.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
The health and safety of you and our staff is our top priority. That's why MPL has worked with health and safety experts from the City of Markham to put in place strict measures that ensure the facility is clean and safe for you to use. Here are some of the enhanced safety and cleaning protocols we are following:
- A professional cleaner to conduct thorough cleaning of each branch twice daily.
- Staff are trained in the proper cleaning procedures.
- Library equipment disinfected hourly.
- Tables, chairs, staff workstations and counters disinfected after each use.
- Door handles and automatic buttons disinfected regularly.
- Entrances cleaned twice daily.
LOOKING FOR VIRTUAL PROGRAMS?
We are offering a wide range of virtual programs everyday. From Storytime to Older Adult Social; Essential Oils Workshop to Digital Marketing Workshop, we have something for everyone. Check out our exciting lineup of virtual programs now.
Sep 21st | 7:00pm - 8:00pmOnline Event
Sep 22nd | 10:00am - 11:30amOnline Event
Sep 22nd | 3:00pm - 4:00pmOnline Event
Sep 22nd | 6:30pm - 8:00pmOnline Event
Sep 22nd | 8:15pm - 8:45pmOnline Event