MPL branches are a popular space for group and individual academic work, independent and guided learning, research and studying. In order to meet a range of user needs, the library offers different spaces suitable for everything from quiet individual stud to collaborative group work. Regardless the type of study, all customers are expected to contribute to a positive shared space by:
- Supporting MPL’s Customer Service Promise by being courteous towards other users
- Being mindful of the needs of others when in designated quiet spaces of the branch – collaborative work is best left for study rooms
- Utilize study rooms according to MPL’s Study Room Policy and guidelines
In order to support the learning needs of the entire community, paid group tutoring and group instruction is permitted only for those renting the library’s program rooms.
Tutoring services renting library space must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Children who are tutored in the library are the responsibility of the tutor while on library property until they are released to a parent or guardian;
- Tutors may not solicit Library customers in the Library;
- Tutors may not use the Library as a mailing address;
- Tutors may not post, publish or distribute advertisements or letters indicating the library as their place of business or imply library sponsorship of their activity.
The Library does not sponsor, recommend, or assume liability or responsibility for the work and/or activities of tutors who rent or use library space. All arrangements must be made between the tutor, student and parents.
Homeschooling groups are encouraged to contact Live Chat to discuss how MPL can support your learning content and experience.