At most branches of Markham Public Library, material that is withdrawn from the collection and donated items are offered for sale on an ongoing basis. Please call your local branch for details or inquire at the front desk. Revenue generated from the sale of these items goes towards improving the library's collection. Donated items are welcome, however, please ensure that they meet the guidelines outlined below.
If you have unwanted items that you would like to donate, please ensure that they meet the donation guidelines outlined below. If they do, please label them "Donations" and drop them off at the front desk of any branch of the Markham Public Library during hours of operation. Please do not put donations in the drop box in order to avoid overcrowding.
We thank you very much for your support.
- Books in good to excellent condition, new or nearly new, complete, clean, unmarked.
- Textbooks published within 3 years, clean and unmarked.
- Computer books published within 3 years.
- Books in the fields of Science and Social Science published within 5 years.
- DVDs and CDs of good quality.
- No magazines.
- No loose-leaf publications or unpublished materials.
- No audio cassettes.
Book Sale Price List (as of October 2018)
$1/per piece: PAPERBACK BOOKS, CHILDREN/TEEN BOOKS, CDs & CD ROMS
$2/per piece: HARDCOVER BOOKS & DVDs
$3/per title: BLU-RAYS, AUDIOBOOKS & TV SERIES
$5/per title: VIDEO GAMES