COMPUTERS, PRINT, PHOTOCOPY & SCAN
Computers, printers, photocopier and scanners are available at all MPL locations.
Services are modified during COVID-19 to ensure everyone’s safety. You can use the computer, printer, photocopier and scanner by appointment only. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is only available on computers at Aaniin Library, Unionville Library, or any computer in a ‘LAB’ area.
Reserving a Computer
You can book one computer per branch, per day using the following methods:
- Book online through PC Reservation
- Call 905.513.7977 to book
- Book online using our LiveChat service.
- You will need your library card to complete the booking. If you do not have your library card or need a new one, please contact us via the Live Chat or at 905.513.7977.
- To maximize the number of customers we can serve, each appointment will be limited to 2 hours long.
Photocopying & Printing
- To use the printer, scanner and photocopier, you must book a computer and bring your own USB key for scanning.
Cost for photocopying & printing:
- Black & White - $0.15 (letter/legal)
- Black & White double-sided - $0.25 (letter/legal)
- Colour - $0.50 (letter/legal)
- Colour double-sided - $0.90 (letter/legal)
All of MPL’s branches (with the exception of Thornhill Village) offer scanning services at no charge. A USB is required to use our scanner. Scanning is fast, easy, and secure. USBs can be purchased in the branch if needed.
Children and the Internet
We aim for children to have a safe online experience and prevent their exposure to inappropriate material. Therefore, computers in children’s areas have filtered Internet access. As with other Library services, children's access to and use of the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
MPL also provides a dedicated Kids eReading Room with access to our children’s collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks. Children are encouraged to do their research through our child-friendly online databases.
MPL computer sessions are private using a MPL card or a guest log-in. All information related to your session is deleted when the session ends.