COMPUTERS, PRINT, PHOTOCOPY & SCAN
Using a Computer
- Reserve a computer online using your library card at any of our branches for up to 2 hours per day.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is only available on computers at Aaniin Library, Unionville Library, or any computer in a ‘LAB’ area.
- Contact us if you require any assistance to reserve a computer, or visit a branch and staff will assist you.
Photocopying & Printing
- Printing and photocopying are available at all branches in Letter and Legal size paper.
- To print documents you will need to use a library computer.
- Black & White printing costs $0.15 per page or $0.25 for double-sided printing.
- Printing in Colour costs $0.50 per page, or $0.90 for double-sided printing
- Scanners are available to customers at no charge at all of our branches (except Thornhill Village).
- A USB is required to use our scanners. Bring your own USB or purchase one at the branch.
Children and the Internet
We aim for children to have a safe online experience and prevent their exposure to inappropriate material. Therefore, computers in children’s areas have filtered Internet access. As with other Library services, children's access to and use of the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
MPL also provides a dedicated Kids eReading Room with access to our children’s collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks. Children are encouraged to do their research through our child-friendly online databases.
MPL computer sessions are private using a MPL card or a guest log-in. All information related to your session is deleted when the session ends.