As a Library member you can borrow a wide variety of materials.
|Borrowing Items||Borrowing Period||Renew*||Holds|
|Movies & videogames||7 days||Yes||Yes|
|Boomerang Books||14 days||No||No|
|Boomerang Movies||7 days||No||No|
|Media Equipment||3 days||Once||No|
|Board Books||21 days||Yes||No|
|Toys (at Aaniin & Milliken Mills)||21 days||No||No|
|Books and all other items||21 days||Yes||Yes|
|eBooks (from OverDrive)||21 days||Yes||Yes|
*an item may be renewed if no one is waiting for it.
Boomerangs are popular items available at the Library on a first-come-first-served basis.
- You can borrow up to 100 physical items on your card and an additional 50 electronic items.
- The maximum number of items on the preschool Ready to Read card is 25 children’s books.
- If the item has holds on it the loan period may be reduced.
Extended loans are available for items that are not in high demand. We reserve the right to limit or deny extended loans on specific items.
- Borrowed items may be returned to any Markham Public Library Branch.
- All branches have after hours book drops. Items returned through the book drop will be taken off your account on the next open day.