CO2 monitors are now available at MPL. Exposure to too much CO2 can have adverse effects such as fatigue, headaches, and increase the risk of airborne infections. The CO2 monitors are designed to measure the indoor air quality and identify poorly ventilated spaces. With your library card, you can check out a monitor for 7 days at a time with 1 renewal (if no holds). You can place a hold on it online and pick it up at the Service Desk at the branch. When you are done using them, please return it at the Service Desk.
Concerned about the air quality in your home? You can now borrow a CO2 monitor from MPL. Each monitor is designed to measure the indoor air quality and identify poorly ventilated spaces. This will help you determine if you need to take steps to improve the air quality in your space to lower the risk of airborne infections.
Each Kit will include:
- One CO2 Monitor
- Quick Start Guide
- AA Batteries
How to Borrow a CO2 Monitor
- A valid Markham Public Library card is required (Adult and Senior cards only)
- Each card can borrow one monitor only
- The monitor can be borrowed for seven days with one renewal (if no holds)
- You can place a hold on the monitor online
- Must be checked out and returned to the Service Desk
- Late fines: $5/day, max $25
- Replacement cost $340