Markham Public Library (MPL) will be launching a new and improved website on April 20. The redesigned website is more user-friendly, accessible and offers a seamless integration with the current BiblioCommons’ catalogue platform.
“We are excited to be launching this new website which will provide improved opportunities to connect and engage with the community. This new site brings our website, catalogue and programs into one place, making it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for and improving the overall user experience” says Catherine Biss, CEO of MPL.
The revamped website offers a number of new features including:
- Integration with the Catalogue: seamless browsing experience from the website to the catalogue
- Improved Navigation: key programs and services are listed from the main menu for easy and fast access
- FAQs: answers to your frequently asked questions to help you on a variety of topics
- Easy Program Registration: ability to search and register for programs and events, get notifications and add events to personal calendars
- Smart Searching: search anything using keywords like titles, topics, locations just like doing a Google search and instantly find what you are looking for
- Virtual Reference Services: get fast virtual reference help using the our online chat - AskMPL, or try to Book a Librarian for 30 minutes of one-on-one assistance
- MPL Blogs: blogs written by MPL staff on a wide range of trending topics and subjects to keep you informed and entertained
- Accessibility: committed to making all MPL physical and virtual spaces welcoming, inclusive and accessible for all, the new website is designed to be highly accessible for customers with special needs
- Mobile Friendly Interface: fully responsive on all screen sizes, the mobile-friendly website is easy to navigate on your computer, phone or tablet
The new website was developed with the customers’ needs in mind and included extensive consultation and feedback from staff and the community. We welcome your suggestions and comments as we continue to improve your online experience. Please use the website feedback button at the bottom right of the website to submit your feedback. Anyone needing help using the new website can contact AskMPL for a one-on-one tutorial.
Sign up for our eNewsletter to get the latest news on what's happening at MPL.