Laser Cutting & Engraving
Etch or cut wood, soft metal or vinyl to make unique creations like cutting boards, toys, models, ornaments and more. Design your own image using a range of software available in the Makerspace, or import files to customize images.
MPL offers access to the following equipment:
- Epilog Helix Laser Cutter/Engraver
- Glowforge Laser 3D Printer
- Carbide 3D Nomad 883 CNC Router
Using the Equipment
- Customers 13+ may reserve the equipment with their library card.
- Get Certified! Complete a brief orientation in the branch to use the equipment safely.
- Book the equipment online at econnect.markham.ca, opens a new window
- Bring your own materials or purchase supplies at the branch.
Wood (24x12; 3mm thick) $5+HST
Acrylic (24x12; 3mm thick) $15+HST
The cost to use the equipment is $3/hr +HST.
We're Here to Help!
Our Digital Literacy Specialist can guide you through using the machines for the first time. Book an appointment with one of our Digital Literacy Specialists by contacting the branch.