Curbside pickup is still available at all of our open branches. Please call us at 905-513-7977 when you are outside of the library, our staff will bring your holds out.
Aaniin, Angus Glen, Cornell, Markham Village, Thornhill Community Centre, Unionville
Monday to Thursday | 9:30 AM to 9 PM
Friday | 9:30 AM to 6 PM
Saturday | 9 AM to 5 PM
Sunday | 1PM to 5 PM. Live Chat is available 1 PM to 5 PM
Tuesday & Thursday: 12 to 8 PM
Wednesday & Saturday: 9 AM to 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM to 6 PM
Sunday: 1PM to 5 PM
AVAILABLE IN PERSON
Browse Physical Collections:
You can now enjoy browsing our stacks when you visit the library in person. Just remember to maintain physical distancing at all times.
Pick Up Holds:
Holds can be picked up from inside of the branch during open hours.
For your convenience, we continue to offer curbside pickup service at all of our branches. To use this service, call us at 905-513-7977 when you are outside of the branch. Our staff will bring your items out so you can pick them up.
Returns Library Items:
You can return your library items using the Drop Box outside of the library or in-person at the Service Desk.
Sign Up for a Library Card:
You can sign up for a library card at any of the open branches or sign up for an eCard which is a digital access card online. Please note the digital access card only gives you access to our digital collections.
You can use the computer, printer, photocopier and scanner by appointment only. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is only available on computers at Aaniin Library, Unionville Library, or any computer in a ‘LAB’ area.
- You can book one computer per branch, per day, online through PC Reservationor by calling 905.513.7977.
- You will need your library card to complete the booking. If you do not have your library card or need a new one, please contact us via the Live Chat or at 905.513.7977.
- To use the printer, scanner and photocopier, you must book a computer and bring your own USB key for scanning.
- To maximize the number of customers we can serve, each appointment will be limited to 2 hour long.
Book a Study Room:
Study rooms are now available. Please familiarize yourself with our Study Room Guidelines.
- All study rooms must be reserved through staff via phone or via our Live Chat
- Capacity is limited to 1 individual per room or, where stated, up to 2 individuals from the same household. Please check the Study Room Guideline page to see the capacity of each study room.
- Each study rooms is available for 2 hours per individual or group, per day.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the study rooms.
- 30 minutes is required after bookings to allow for branch cleaning protocols in between customers.
Use the Children’s Area
We know you love our children’s area. The children’s area at all 6 locations is open with limited seating.
Attend Outdoor In-Person Programs:
We have a number of outdoor in-person programs happening. You can explore these programs and register for them online.
Pick Up 3D Print Projects:
You can upload your 3D design files online and we'll print them for you. All you have to do is pick it up from the library. Head over to the Curbside 3D Printing page for more info.
Use the Makerspace
As of April 25, you can use the Makerspace at Aaniin and Angus Glen libraries. For more information please check out Makerspace page, opens a new window.
- You can enjoy our digital library which opens 24/7 and offers thousands of eBook, eAudiobook, movies, online courses, and more.
- Take part in our weekly virtual programs and events.
- Get account related help or help looking for library resources from our Live Chat.
Don’t worry, MPL has you covered:
- If you do not smartphone, printer or internet access you can simply come to an MPL location with your health card information (both sides of the card) as well as the date of your last vaccination, and we can help you log in and print a pass
- If you have the equipment you need but are having trouble navigating the site, we are more than happy to help you access your pass on your device; you can reach out to us in person or via AskMPL
Items may be returned in-person or using the Drop Box at any open branch. Visit the Hours & Locations page to see which branches are currently open and their hours of service.
Our staff will be available during our normal operating hours to answer your questions through AskMPL, our Live Chat. You can also reach us by phone at (905) 513-7977.
What You Need to Know before Visiting
We are thrilled to see you back in the library. Before you visit the library, please familiarize yourself with these protocols we have in place to keep everyone safe:
Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres or more from others.
Sanitize your hands when entering and exiting the library as well as before and after using the computers.
Food and drinks are currently not allowed in the branches including the study rooms.
Each branch is monitoring its occupancy capacity, so you may have to wait your turn to come inside.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
The health and safety of you and our staff is our top priority. That's why MPL has worked with health and safety experts from the City of Markham to put in place strict measures that ensure the facility is clean and safe for you to use. Here are some of the enhanced safety and cleaning protocols we are following:
- A professional cleaner to conduct thorough cleaning of each branch twice daily.
- Staff are trained in the proper cleaning procedures.
- Library equipment disinfected hourly.
- Tables, chairs, staff workstations and counters disinfected after each use.
- Door handles and automatic buttons disinfected regularly.
- Entrances cleaned twice daily.
LOOKING FOR VIRTUAL PROGRAMS?
We are offering a wide range of virtual programs everyday. From Storytime to Older Adult Social; Essential Oils Workshop to Digital Marketing Workshop, we have something for everyone. Check out our exciting lineup of virtual programs now.
Oct 3rd | 11:00am - 11:30amOnline Event