We are excited to welcome you back to our branches. We have 6 branches open and are offering additional in-person services. As of Oct 4, proof of vaccination is required to enter all MPL branches. This page includes all the information you need to know before visiting the library, please take some time to read through it. Please check here for vaccination requirements at other City of Markham facilities. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Aaniin, Angus Glen, Markham Village, Thornhill C.C., Unionville
Monday to Thursday | 9:30 AM to 9 PM
Friday | 9:30 AM to 6 PM
Saturday | 9 AM to 5 PM
Sunday | CLOSED. Live Chat is available 10 AM to 5 PM
Tuesday & Thursday: 12 to 8 PM
Wednesday & Saturday: 9 AM to 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM to 6 PM
AVAILABLE IN PERSON
Browse Physical Collections:
You can now enjoy browsing our stacks when you visit the library in person. Just remember to maintain physical distancing at all times.
Pick Up Holds:
Holds can be picked up from inside of the branch. For your convenience curbside pickup is still available upon request by calling the branch where your holds are held at, or through our Live Chat.
Returns Library Items:
You can return your library items using the Drop Box outside of the library or in-person at the Service Desk.
Sign Up for a Library Card:
You can sign up for a library card at any of the open branches or sign up for an eCard which is a digital access card online. Please note the digital access card only gives you access to our digital collections.
You can use the computer, printer, photocopier and scanner by appointment only. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is only available on computers at Aaniin Library, Unionville Library, or any computer in a ‘LAB’ area.
- You can book one computer per branch, per day, online through PC Reservationor by calling 905.513.7977.
- You will need your library card to complete the booking. If you do not have your library card or need a new one, please contact us via the Live Chat or at 905.513.7977.
- To use the printer, scanner and photocopier, you must book a computer and bring your own USB key for scanning.
- To maximize the number of customers we can serve, each appointment will be limited to 2 hour long.
- Computers can be booked starting at opening time and ending 30 minutes before the branch is closed.
Print Your Vaccination Receipt for Free:
You can print your vaccination receipt for free at MPL. Here's what you need to do:
Book a Study Room:
Study rooms are now available. Please familiarize yourself with our Study Room Guidelines.
- All study rooms must be reserved through staff via phone or via our Live Chat
- Capacity is limited to 1 individual per room or, where stated, up to 2 individuals from the same household. Please check the Study Room Guideline page to see the capacity of each study room.
- Each study rooms is available for 2 hours per individual or group, per day.
- Masks must be worn while in the study room.
- Food and drink are not permitted at this time due to COVID-19 safety considerations.
- 30 minutes is required after bookings to allow for branch cleaning protocols in between customers.
Use the Children’s Area
We know you love our children’s area. The children’s area at all 6 locations is open with limited seating.
Attend Outdoor In-Person Programs:
We have a number of outdoor in-person programs happening. You can explore these programs and register for them online.
Pick Up 3D Print Projects:
You can upload your 3D design files online and we'll print them for you. All you have to do is pick it up from the library. Head over to the Curbside 3D Printing page for more info.
- You can enjoy our digital library which opens 24/7 and offers thousands of eBook, eAudiobook, movies, online courses, and more.
- Take part in our weekly virtual programs and events.
- Get account related help or help looking for library resources from our Live Chat.
Items may be returned in-person or using the Drop Box at Aaniin, Angus Glen, Markham Village, Thornhill Community Centre, Thornhill Village and Unionville Libraries.
Our staff will be available during our normal operating hours to answer your questions through AskMPL, our Live Chat. You can also reach us by phone at (905) 513-7977.
Masks are required in all areas of MPL branches. We have a mask policy in effect in order to help reduce the risk of COVID transmission. This policy is based on the municipal by-law requiring masks in city facilities. Even in study rooms, masks are an important tool in reducing the risk of transmission. We service many children under the age of 12 who cannot be vaccinated, so we require all customers over the age of 2 to wear a mask at all time to reduce the risk of community transmission.
What You Need to Know before Visiting
We are thrilled to see you back in the library. Before you visit the library, please familiarize yourself with these protocols we have in place to keep everyone safe:
To be consistent with the City's policy, starting Oct 4, proof of vaccination will be required to enter all MPL branches. For any questions please visit our FAQ or contact us via the Live Chat.
Wear a mask or face covering while inside of the library or waiting in line outside.
Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres or more from others.
Sanitize your hands when entering and exiting the library as well as before and after using the computers.
Food and drinks are currently not allowed in the branches including the study rooms.
Each branch is monitoring its occupancy capacity, so you may have to wait your turn to come inside.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
The health and safety of you and our staff is our top priority. That's why MPL has worked with health and safety experts from the City of Markham to put in place strict measures that ensure the facility is clean and safe for you to use. Here are some of the enhanced safety and cleaning protocols we are following:
- A professional cleaner to conduct thorough cleaning of each branch twice daily.
- Staff are trained in the proper cleaning procedures.
- Library equipment disinfected hourly.
- Tables, chairs, staff workstations and counters disinfected after each use.
- Door handles and automatic buttons disinfected regularly.
- Entrances cleaned twice daily.
LOOKING FOR VIRTUAL PROGRAMS?
We are offering a wide range of virtual programs everyday. From Storytime to Older Adult Social; Essential Oils Workshop to Digital Marketing Workshop, we have something for everyone. Check out our exciting lineup of virtual programs now.
Dec 1st | 7:00pm - 8:15pmOnline Event
Dec 1st | 8:15pm - 8:45pmOnline Event
Dec 4th | 9:30am - 10:15amOnline Event
Dec 6th | 11:00am - 11:30amOnline Event
Dec 6th | 1:00pm - 2:00pmOnline Event