We are excited to welcome you back to MPL. At this time, we are offering select in-person and curbside services at Markham Village, Unionville and Thornhill Village Libraries. In September, we will be reopening Angus Glen, Aaniin and Thornhill Community Centre Libraries. We will also be adding more in-person services in September as we open the other branches. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Markham Village Library
Thornhill Village Library (curbside pickup only)
Monday to Thursday | 9:30 AM to 9 PM
Friday | 9:30 AM to 6 PM
Saturday | 9 AM to 5 PM
Sunday | All locations closed. Live Chat is available 10 AM to 5 PM
AVAILABLE IN PERSON
You can pick up your holds from inside of the branch at Markham Village and Unionville Libraries. Due to space limitations, Thornhill Village Library will not be able to offer in-person services, however, curbside pickup will continue to be available.
You can return your library materials using the Drop Boxes at Markham Village, Unionville and Thornhill Village Libraries which are open 24/7. You may also return your items at the service desk inside of Markham Village and Unionville Libraries.
You can sign up for a library card in-person at Markham Village and Unionville Libraries. You can also sign up for an eCard without leaving your home. An eCard is a digital access card that gives you instant access to all of MPL’s digital collections. For more info on eCard, please check here.
Computer, Printer, Photocopier and Scanner:
You can use the computer, printer, photocopier and scanner by appointment at Markham Village and Unionville Libraries.
- You can book one computer per branch, per day, online through PC Reservation or by calling 905.513.7977.
- You will need your library card to complete the booking. If you do not have your library card or need a new one, please contact us via the Live Chat or at 905.513.7977.
- To use the printer, scanner and photocopier, you must book a computer and bring your own USB key for scanning.
- To maximize the number of customers we can serve, each appointment will be limited to 1 hour long.
Outdoor In-Person Programs:
We have a number of outdoor in-person programs happening. you can explore these programs and register for them online.
Curbside 3D Printing:
You can upload your 3D design files online and we'll print them for you. All you have to do is pick it up from the library. Head over to the Curbside 3D Printing page for more info.
- You can enjoy the digital library which offers thousands of eBook, eAudiobook, movies, online courses, and more.
- Take part in our weekly virtual programs and events.
- Get account related help from our Live Chat and Book a Librarian to get help finding resources you need.
- Get book recommendations using our Book Healing service.
- Request Grab & Go Bags
Items may be returned in-person or using the Drop Box at Markham Village and Unionville Libraries; or using the Drop Box at Thornhill Village Library.
Our staff will be available during our normal operating hours to answer your questions through AskMPL, our Live Chat. You can also reach us by phone at (905) 513-7977.
Our branches have high grade filter system that exceeds the average standard. Some of our buildings are also LEED certified which means they have exceptional filter systems. We are regularly maintaining and replacing our air filters to ensure the buildings have great air quality that is safe for both staff and customers.
What You Need to Know before Visiting
We are thrilled to see you back in the library. Before you visit the library, please familiarize yourself with these protocols we have in place to keep everyone safe:
Wear a mask or face covering while inside of the library or waiting in line outside.
Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres or more from others.
Sanitize your hands when entering and exiting the library; as well as before and after using the computers.
Food and drinks, other than closed water bottles are currently not allowed in the branches.
Each branch is monitoring its occupancy capacity, so you may have to wait your turn to come inside.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
The health and safety of you and our staff is our top priority. That's why MPL has worked with health and safety experts from the City of Markham to put in place strict measures that ensure the facility is clean and safe for you to use. Here are some of the enhanced safety and cleaning protocols we are following:
- A professional cleaner to conduct thorough cleaning of each branch twice daily.
- Staff are trained in the proper cleaning procedures.
- Library equipment disinfected hourly.
- Tables, chairs, staff workstations and counters disinfected after each use.
- Door handles and automatic buttons disinfected regularly.
- Entrances cleaned twice daily.
LOOKING FOR VIRTUAL PROGRAMS?
We are offering a wide range of virtual programs everyday. From Storytime to Older Adult Social; Essential Oils Workshop to Digital Marketing Workshop, we have something for everyone. Check out our exciting lineup of virtual programs now.
Sep 21st | 7:00pm - 8:00pmOnline Event
Sep 22nd | 10:00am - 11:30amOnline Event
Sep 22nd | 3:00pm - 4:00pmOnline Event
Sep 22nd | 6:30pm - 8:00pmOnline Event
Sep 22nd | 8:15pm - 8:45pmOnline Event